FAQ for Victims of the Borderline Bar & Grill Shooting

If you or a family member were impacted by the tragic shooting at the Borderline Bar & Grill in Thousand Oaks, we may be able to help you pay for expenses such as medical bills, funeral expenses, mental health treatment, and lost wages.

How do I apply for assistance?

The application process has been streamlined for this incident and is available on the CalVCB Thousand Oaks page.

How do I know what benefits I qualify for?

Those who were at the Borderline Bar & Grill in thousand Oaks when the crime occurred may be eligible for assistance with expenses incurred as a result of the incident. You can review our list of benefits. Immediate family members may be eligible for help as well. You can check our list of who is eligible . Please call our customer service at (800) 777-9229 or email: info@victims.ca.gov if you have questions about benefits.

How can I find a mental health treatment provider near me?

Find a Psychologist is an online directory of psychologists and additional helpful information.

Find a Therapist is a searchable directory of licensed therapists, most of whom are members of the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists.

I found a therapist. What do I do next?

Provide your application number to the mental health treatment provider.  If the provider has not worked with our program before, they can call our toll-free number, (800) 777-9229, or visit the Provider Information page on our website. The provider can bill us directly. If you have insurance coverage, and are required to a pay a co-pay, deductible, or share of cost, we can pay for that expense. If you have already paid the provider for services, send us your receipts and we will reimburse you according to our rates.