Trauma Recovery Center Grant Questions and Answers
August 28, 2013
1. In regards to your solicitation of applicants for California Trauma Recovery Center Grant, I am writing to inquire if we are eligible to apply.
Please review the information contained in the Notice of Funds Available (NOFA). The NOFA provides details regarding eligibility and should help you decide if you meet the criteria for this grant opportunity.
Unfortunately, the Grants Coordination Team cannot assist you in determining your eligibility. It is recommended that you review the NOFA documents carefully and if in your opinion you meet the criteria, we encourage you to apply.
2. Must applicants meet all or only one of the eligibility criteria to apply for this grant?
As stated in the NOFA, an eligible applicant must meet the criteria set forth under Item 5, Eligible Applicants. Please review this information and if you feel that you meet the eligibility criteria, we encourage you to apply.
3. In order to submit proposals, are there required forms to be filled out? Specific information that would be needed, that is, as a standard request for services might entail?
There is no specific form or application. You will need to respond to the criteria specified in the NOFA, and submit a written proposal based on the criteria.
4. Please confirm that the extended deadline to submit the final questions is October 1, 2013 and the final application date is Oct 17, 2013.
The final date to submit questions is October 1, 2013 by 5:00 p.m. PST, and the final date to submit applications is October 17, 2013 by 2:00 p.m. PST.
5. How many awards do you plan on giving out and what do you think the average award should be?
We do not know how many awards will be made or how much the average award will be. This will be based on a variety of factors, such as number of qualified applicants and funds requested.
6. How many agencies/centers will be funded?
We do not know how many agencies/centers will be funded. This will be based on a variety of factors.
7. I did not see Attachment 1 (budget) with the proposal. Can you please send me a copy?
The budget page can be found on the VCGCB website.
8. Does a potential candidate facility have to staff a psychiatrist in order to be qualified to receive this grant? If not, what are some recommended alternatives?
The NOFA stipulates that an eligible applicant must meet various criteria, including “Provide … [A] multidisciplinary staff of clinicians that includes licensed psychiatrists, psychologists and social workers” (See 5.2.e).
9. What do the letters of support from other collaborators have to contain?
The letters of support should provide evidence that your agency/center meets the eligibility criteria of this NOFA and other facts pertinent to this grant.
10. Is the two million dollars ($2,000,000.00) being split among all awardees or is that amount for each awardee?
The maximum funding available in this grant cycle is two million dollars ($2,000,000.00) which will be split if there are multiple grant awardees. An award can be expended up to a period of three (3) years from July 1, 2013. The Board may award consecutive grants to trauma recovery centers to prevent a lapse in funding. The Board shall not award trauma recovery centers more than one grant for any period of time. Any portion of a grant that a trauma recovery center does not use within the specified grant period shall revert to the Restitution Fund. (Government Code section 13963.1(d)).