Missing Children Reward Program
The Victim Compensation Board administers the Missing Children Reward Program to assist local law enforcement agencies and other parties involved in the identification and recovery of missing children in California.
The purpose of this program is to enhance other non-state reward funds that are offered throughout California. Funds are available to reward persons with up to $500 for providing information which leads to the location and recovery of a missing child listed in the California Department of Justice Missing Person Registry.
You may be eligible to receive an award of up to $500. To qualify:
- You have provided information that leads to the location and recovery of a missing child.
- The child is listed in the Department of Justice Missing Person System at the time of the recovery.
- A reward of non-state funds has been offered for information leading to the location of that missing child.
- You did not contribute to the disappearance of the missing child.
- You are not related to the missing child.
- You do not work for any organization involved in the recovery of missing persons.
- Your application for an award must be received by the Victim Compensation Board no later than six months from the date the missing child was recovered.
- You may submit only one application for each recovered missing child.
The application for the Missing Children Reward Program can be accessed by clicking on the link below.
The completed application must be printed and mailed to the Victim Compensation Board at P.O. Box 3036, Sacramento, CA. 95812-3036.
Missing Children Reward Program Application
If you need assistance with your application or have questions regarding victim compensation, please call our Customer Service Section toll free at 1-800-777-9229.
For more information about the Missing Children Reward Program, please call 1-800- 777-9229. For additional information on missing persons, visit the California Attorney General’s Office California Missing Persons page or the the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children.