CalVCB may pay for medical and medical-related expenses that are caused by a crime, including:
- Medical services
- Hospitalization, surgery, ambulance transportation and prescriptions, skilled nursing facilities, rehabilitation centers, service dogs, laboratory services, eye and hearing exams, physical and occupation therapy, durable medical equipment and more.
- Medically necessary items
- Eyeglasses, hearing aids, dentures, orthotic appliances and prosthetic devices that are lost, stolen or broken during the crime, or become necessary due to the crime.
- Certain alternative medical treatments (physician referral and session limits apply).
- Patient’s name and address
- Date(s) of service
- Type(s) of service(s) provided (ICD-10 and CPT codes)
- Billed amount
- Any amount paid by the patient
Provider’s license number, federal tax identification number (FEIN or SSN), business address, telephone number, signature or signature stamp and billing date.
Rates for medical and medical-related services are:
- Medicare rate for services covered by Medicare.
- 80% of the billed amount for:
- Cosmetic surgery (surgeon fee only). Facility and anesthesia fees are subject to reduction.
- Durable Medical Equipment
- Hearing aids