All subpoenas and summons served on the California Victim Compensation Board (CalVCB) require personal service at the below address.
California Victim Compensation Board
400 R Street
Sacramento, CA 95811
The first-floor security guards will contact CalVCB staff to accept service of all subpoenas and summons.
400 R Street building hours are 8 am to 5 pm, Monday – Friday.
Address all subpoenas to: The California Victim Compensation Board, Custodian of Records
Information to Consider when Requesting Records
- Submit one subpoena per claimant when requesting records/documents.
- Describe in detail what records/documents you are requesting (e.g. all records/documents or just one specific record/document).
- Describe timeframes (e.g. specific years or months, or all record years).
- Ensure accuracy of all names, dates of birth and social security numbers.
- Make your request specific to what records CalVCB has in its possession.
What You Will Need
- Claimant application number: The application number begins with the letter “A” and is followed by a series of numbers.
- Claimaint name, date of birth, social security number (if you do not have the application number)
Criminal subpoenas, certified bill packets pursuant to Penal Code section 1202.4, subdivision (f)(4)(B), and in camera reviews pursuant to Penal Code section 1202.4, subdivision (f)(4)(C), civil/workers’ compensation subpoenas
Government Claims Program Records
As of July 2016, the Government Claims Program is housed under the Department of General Services, Office of Risk and Insurance Management. Government Claim files start with a “G” then the claim number.