Subpoena & Summons Submissions
All subpoenas and summons served on the California Victim Compensation Board require personal service at the below address.
California Victim Compensation Board
400 R Street
Sacramento, CA 95811
The first floor security guards will contact CalVCB staff to accept service of all subpoenas and summons.
400 R Street building hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday – Friday.
Please address all subpoenas to: The California Victim Compensation Board, Custodian of Records
All victims/claimants are assigned an application number for their individual CalVCB claim. The application number begins with the letter “A” and is followed by a series of numbers. Please list the CalVCB application number on all subpoenas. If you do not have the application number, the name of the applicant/victim, date of birth, and social security number are necessary to complete an accurate search for records.
Information to Consider when Requesting Records
- Please submit one subpoena per applicant/victim when requesting records/documents.
- Describe in detail what records/documents you are requesting such as any and all records/documents or just one specific record/document.
- Describe timeframes, are you requesting specific years or months or all record years?
- Please ensure all names, dates of birth, and social security numbers are accurate.
- Make your request specific to what records/documents the California Victim Compensation Board has in its possession.
Please note: As of July 2016, the Government Claims Program (GCP) is no longer housed with the California Victim Compensation Board. Government Claim files start with a “G” then the claim number. The GCP is now handled by the Department of General Services, Office of Risk and Insurance Management. Please contact the Department of General Services for information on GCP’s procedures for submitting subpoenas.